You Can Qualify as a Fully Certified Yoga Teacher Trainer with Santosha’s Online Yoga Teacher Training
Cost Effective Authentic Yoga Teacher Training from the comfort of your own home
Why Online Yoga Teacher Training?
We understand that it’s not always possible for people to commit to an on-site yoga teacher-training course, and we also believe that no-one should be denied the amazing opportunity to study yoga at home in order to turn your passion into your new career!
Santosha’s Online 200hr Yoga Teacher training offers a comprehensive 260hrs of study, a course that is flexible, engaging enlightening, inspiring and empowering!
You can complete this in the comfort of you own home at your own pace! It is unlike other Yoga Online Courses because of its authentic nature, and accordingly you will learn how to be an intelligent teacher.
Santosha’s Online 200hr Yoga Teacher Training Certification is one The method of our Teacher Training concentrates on a creative fusion of Classical Yoga, Ashtanga, Vinyasa Krama Yoga, woven together by a unique blend of Vinyasa flow that is accessible to all levels and abilities.
The Yoga taught is not another ‘style’ of Yoga but an authentic, integrated presentation of the whole spectrum of the ancient yoga teachings. Santosha is dedicated to the teachings of Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya – the father of modern yoga.
Sri Tirumalai Krishnamacharya’s underlying principle was that Yoga must be taught to suit the individual not the other way around. Santosha upholds this fundamental, vital principle, so as an intern in any of Santosha’s programs, you will learn to be an aware, intelligent teacher applying the teachings so as to keep all your students safe thus being able to heal those whom you teach.
Our Online 220hr YTT course is designed to provide a solid foundation for teaching yoga skillfully with compassion and awareness.
This informative online training experience supports the shift towards embracing life with awareness, acceptance of oneself, with recognition of oneness and reverence for the earth.
Five Key Areas of Study
1. Techniques Training - includes asana, pranayama, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques.
2. Teaching Methodology - includes principles of demonstration, assisting/correcting, teaching styles, qualities of a yoga teacher and business aspects of teaching yoga.
3. Anatomy and Physiology - includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc). Studies include the application of anatomy principles to a yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
4. Yoga Philosophy, lifestyle & ethics for Yoga Teachers - the study of yoga philosophy, history, yoga lifestyle and ethics of yoga.
5. Practicum - interns attend yoga workshops of their choice, practice teaching of family and friends. A video of the intern teaching a yoga class is submitted for assessment.
Who is it For?
It is open to students of all levels with maturity and commitment to embark on a personal journey of self discovery, including:
- Those with the sincere desire to become yoga teachers and complete an Online Yoga Teacher Training 200 requirements to do so in the comfort of their own home.
- Those whom do not wish to be yoga teachers but have a sincere interest in the subject matter and want to deepen their own knowledge and understanding of Yoga and Self.
If you desire is to teach yoga as a career, this course can provide you with an entry level into teaching with the qualifications needed and with the confidence needed to teach yoga skillfully with compassion, awareness and knowledge.
Those who do not necessarily wish to teach have an incredible opportunity to come to know yourself like never before, connect to your true nature, feel happy, awakened in your life and learn tools that will allow you to move through life with ease whilst also learning how to develop your own intelligent practice based upon your needs.
Work at your Own Pace
Santosha’s Online Yoga Teacher Training is completely date flexible. Because you study at your own pace, you make the decision when to begin and end your course.
Program: Online yoga teacher training certificate
Time Frame: Customizable
Duration: Up to 12 Months
Studying Hours: 260 hours
What You Will Personally Get from the Online 200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Students who complete the training will:
- Possess the knowledge to teach group classes, workshops or private sessions in a range of settings
- Be qualified to teach yoga and receive a certificate for Santosha Yoga Online
- Understand how to develop their own Asana, Pranayama and Meditation Practice
- Deepen and strengthen their practice and understanding of yoga
- Gain in-depth understanding of the postures and how to teach them
- Develop a greater understanding of meditation
- Receive individual attention
- Learn how to structure and create cohesive, well-rounded classes
- Learn about the various styles of yoga and its history
- Acquire an understanding of yoga philosophy, anatomy and physiology
- Build relationships with world class yoga teachers
- Have the confidence and tools to begin teaching yoga
- Develop a greater understanding of meditation
- Be a happier, healthier person, being able to understand how you exist in this world and possessing the tools to cope with life’s movements with ease!
Your Course Content… What You Will Learn
Background and Philosophy of Yoga
The Eight Limbs
Sankhya Theory and Related Philosophies
A History of Yoga
Hatha Yoga Pradikpika
Yoga‟s Core Concepts
The Benefits of Relaxation
The Monkey Mind
Consciousness and The Witness
Samskaras and Their Consequences
The Five States of Mind
Siddhis and Their Consequences
Meditation Techniques and
The Abilities of Pranayama
The Physiology of the Breath
Types of Pranayama
Chakras and the Physical Body
Balancing the Chakras
The Yoga Kundalini Upanishad
Diet and Health
Introduction to Ayurveda
The Three Gunas
The Five Elements
Understanding Your Individual Constitution and the Prakruti
Overview of Doshas
Overview of Sub-Doshas
Prakuti from a Mental and Physical Point of View
Disease Tendencies of the Three Qualities
Anatomy and Physiology
The Bandhas and their Application
The Respiratory System Mechanics of the Breathing
Different Types of Joints
Principles of Injury Prevention and Management
Becoming a Professional Yoga Teacher
Qualities of a Yoga Teacher
General Class Planning
Structuring a Class
Planning for Different Levels of Experience
Correcting Muscular Imbalances
Developing Alternative Sequencing for Pregnancy and Menstruation
The Yoga Business
How to Prepare to Give a Yoga Class
How to Promote a Yoga Class
Work and Communication in the Business
Prepare Workplace and Financial Documentation
Follow Workplace Safety Procedures
Delivering Service to Customers
Occupational Health and Safety
How to Create a Safe Environment
Identifying Elements of a Safe Yoga Practice
The Importance of Keeping Yourself Safe While Teaching
Glossary and Bibliography
Comprehensive Yoga Glossary of Terms Bibliography
Modules and Marking
Upon the receipt of your payment you will receive the log in to our Santosha Yoga Online Resource center, where you can access all the modules so you can begin your journey right away! Upon completion of each module, you email the finished questions back to your teacher. Your teacher will then return your marked questions with their comments. If there are questions to be re-done, you will be informed of this.
This process will be continued until you complete all 20 Modules.
Here’s What You Get with Your Investment
- All 20 Modules
- Santosha’s Asana Manual (used by students of our YTT 200 / YTT 300 courses)
- A free counseling session with our Spiritual Counselor Teacher
- Santosha Vinyasa Krama Manual
- Santosha Preparatory Asana Manual
- Santosha Post, Pre Natal, Children’s and Teens Manual (PPNCT)
- All Santosha Level One YTT 200 supporting notes
- 2 x 2hr Skype sessions with one of Santosha’s senior teachers During this time the teacher will assist you to develop your own Asana, Mediation and Pranayama practice – as these practices become your teachings your experience. The teacher will be able to answer anything for you during these sessions.
- A Santosha singlet
- 1 x Santosha Online 220hr Yoga Teacher Training Certificate
- A promise life changing experience!
- A wealth of knowledge and hearts full of love!
- 10% Discount off any Santosha Yoga Teacher Training once completed the Online 200hr YTT 200
Assessments / Exam / Video / Requirements
In order to pass the course and qualify as a Santosha Certified Online Yoga Teacher trainer at the 200 hour level you will need to complete the following:
- Each module contains questions/checklists that you will need to be completed before you move to the next module
- There is one final open book exam at the end of the course.
- Email a journal of your Asana, Meditation and Pranayama Yoga Practice.
- A final video of you teaching a yoga class
- Attend two yoga related workshops/retreats of your choice
Teaching and Certification
Santosha is a Registered Yoga School with Yoga Alliance. (RYS) at the 200 and 500 level. The home study program is recognized by Yoga Alliance as fulfilling the non-contact hours towards their 200 hour certification. Once you complete the home study program, you have the option to complete the necessary in-person yoga teacher training to complete all your requirements for your 200-hour yoga teacher certification with Yoga Alliance.
Upon completing this course you will receive a Santosha Online 200 Yoga Teacher Training Certificate.
You will be equipped to practice safely and teach others in a range of diverse settings.
We guarantee you will leave us with a wealth of knowledge, a smile on your face and a warm, open heart!
Your Training Investment
Your Investment in the YTT200 Online Training course is only $990.00 AUD
Alternatively you can choose the easy payment plan which consists of three easy monthly payments of $330AUD
Our Guarantee For You
Santosha wants to make it totally risk free for you because we believe that once you begin this journey your life will change in such a way you could never have thought possible!
If at any time you decide that you would like to attend any one of our contact YTT 200 courses then we will minus the $990.00 off the total cost of the YTT.
Our Mission For You
Santosha Yoga and it’s teachers honour every one of it’s students as individuals and deserving of receiving the best quality experience possible. Our Yoga Teacher Trainings will uphold a standard of excellence and devotion to the practice while respecting individual needs. We are committed to creating a space of safety and respect that will acknowledge and allow each individual’s innate equanimity, truth, empathy and joy to grow through the process of learning. May all who pass through our courses feel a renewed sense of ease, vitality and enthusiasm for their life and be blessed with health, compassion, love and always be free of suffering.
Your Next Steps
This amazing life changing experience is available for you to begin any time.
Please enquire to receive the “Practical Information” doc and the Student Handbook for further information.
If you like hundreds of happy students before you know that this is for you then take action today and secure your place now.
We hope you can join us for an authentic online yoga experience unlike any other
Oceans of love,
Sunny and the entire Santosha Family