Santosha Online Yoga Teacher Training
1. Techniques Training - includes asana, pranayama, mantra, meditation and other traditional yoga techniques.
2. Teaching Methodology - includes principles of demonstration, assisting/correcting, teaching styles, qualities of a yoga teacher and business aspects of teaching yoga.
3. Anatomy and Physiology - includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Studies include the application of anatomy principles to a yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns,etc).
4. Yoga Philosophy, lifestyle & ethics for Yoga Teachers - the study of yoga philosophy, history, yoga lifestyle and ethics of yoga.
5. Practicum - students attend yoga workshops of their choice, practice teaching of family and friends. A video of the student teaching a yoga class is submitted for assessment.
- The history and philosophy of yoga
- Yoga Sutras
- Sankhya Theory
- Sanskrit: Basic understanding and pronunciation
- Yoga asana syllabus
- Asana benefits, contraindications
- Restoratives & therapeutics
- Yoga Therapy Principles
- Yoga anatomy & physiology of the body
- Applied anatomy to yoga
- Communication skills + Business
- The Art of observation, assisting and adjustments
- Taking the seat of the teacher: The basics of teaching
- Diet, nutrition and body ecology / earth
- 5 Koshas system of yogic anatomy
- Asana modifications for special populations
- Professional guidelines & ethics of yoga
- Business and marketing skills in the field of yoga
- Self-discovery through journaling
- Meditation: Mindfulness and deep relaxation
- Sequencing and Class Planning
- The Chakra System
- Ayurveda Principles
- We will supply you with example class plans.
Modules and Marking
Upon the receipt of your deposit and application we will email you as to when you will receive your first module. The module will be emailed to you and upon completion you can email the finished questions from the module you were working on, back to your teacher. Your teacher will then return your marked questions with their comments. If there are questions to be re-done, you will be informed of this.
The next module will then be forwarded to you by email for commencement.
The Twelve Modules:
1. Introduction to the course
2. History and Philosophy of Yoga: the eight limbs
3. Relaxation: learn the benefits of relaxation as well as learning relaxation techniques.
4. Meditation: learn the benefits of meditation as well as meditation and concentration and teaching techniques
5. Pranayama: benefits and techniques of pranayama
6. Chakras: learn all about the chakras of the body
7. Diet: introduction to ayurveda and diet recommendations for yogi’s
8. Anatomy and Physiology: basic anatomy and physiology
9. Asanas: 57 postures covered including contraindication/ cautions and benefits
10. Teaching Yoga: class planning, sequencing, pre-natal, post-natal etc
11. The Yoga Business: promoting a yoga class, prepare financial documents etc
12. Occupational Health and Safety: insurance requirements, identifying elements of a safe yoga practice
Assessments / Exam / Video
- Each module contains 15-30 questions that will need to be completed.
- There will be one final exam the end of the course.
- You will need to keep a log or journal of your Yoga Practice to submit along with your final video.
- You will also need to keep a log or journal of your Meditation/Pranayama practice to submit along with your final Video
- You will need to send photos of you in poses – your teacher will forward you the list of poses.
- Final video of you teaching a class
- Record of attendance to: two yoga related workshops e.g.Anatomy, Ayurveda, yoga workshop/retreat during the 12 mth online Yoga Teacher Training. These workshops/retreats do not have to be registered with or accredited by Yoga Alliance or approved by Santosha. There are no certain hours that need to be met, although we would urge that the workshop you choose have some substance to it in terms of providing a solid amount of knowledge in the area of your seeking. If you are in doubt, please email us to verify the workshop you have chosen.